Established in 1921
Forest Hills Country Club has had two locations and three names since its original promoters purchased a tract of land 5 miles south of Rockford in 1920 and started Motor Heights Golf Club. During a snowstorm in the winter of 1920-1921 the Joel Johnson farm was purchased, and the 40 Club promoters incorporated Harlem Hills Country Club on March 5, 1921. The present Clubhouse was built in 1925 by the construction firm of Schmeling and Broitzman at the cost of $58,000. During the depression of 1933 the Club was lost to the bondholders. It was bought back at .50 cents on the dollar in 1934 and incorporated as Forest Hills Country Club.
The original barrel tile roof and brick and stone exterior maintain its intrinsic charm. Renovations to the Members' grill and the pool, and the addition of the outside veranda compliment a casual and business setting for dining.
The golf course is undoubtedly the best groomed golf course in the area with impeccably manicured greens. It is host of the Rockford Pro Am, where the tour pros admit the greens at Forest Hills are some of the best greens they get to play.
FHCC's calendar of events provides members and their families with a variety of functions ranging from July 4th fireworks and golf tournament's to wine dinners and evenings with entertainment. The Clubhouse is also a perfect venue for weddings, banquets and company dinners.